Sunday, June 3, 2012

Goodbyes


My first goodbye was traveling to Greg and Lindsey's house in Mesa, Arizona over Easter. What talented kids! Their house is adorable (sadly I have no pictures). I had the wonderful opportunity of attending the Easter Pageant that apparently has been going on in Mesa for years. It seemed as though the entire city attended. Lindsey's sister Stacy played the role of Mary. Her dancing brought tears to my eyes.

We then spent the weekend hiking, shopping, and eating. The kids are such great hosts. I felt so warm and welcomed in their cute home. Fortunately I saw them one more time in Oregon before David and I left for Hong Kong.

I returned to San Diego and the packing began. I felt as though David and I had made the move very easy for the packers because we had gone through all of our stuff for the past several months and had everything organized. I was not prepared for the feelings of shock and invasion I would feel once the moving van arrived. A team of ten men stormed in the house, asked little questions, and started packing. I couldn't even think. I have no idea what was packed or left behind. We did keep the house and we are renting it out. Adios San Diego.



Before heading to Atlanta, Georgia, Ryan, Erica, Camryn and Reagan lived with us for about a month as they were waiting for their pending move from Ladera Ranch to Atlanta, and while we were waiting for our move to Hong Kong. Although we didn't spend a great deal of time together while in San Diego, I thoroughly enjoyed the time they were in our house. Erica is one of the most hands-on mothers I have ever known. What a comfort it is to know my granddaughters have such amazing parents.

Ryan was sadly at a convention in Las Vegas a good portion of the time I was in Georgia, so Erica and I were left to shop and eat in the darling downtown area of Roswell, GA near the kids house.


Georgia consisted of a lot of shopping, eating, playing and even a few projects.


We started off eating


and more eating


And while Erica and I were working on one of her MANY projects, Camryn kept herself busy practicing makeup techniques she learned on YouTube. Such an amazing job she did!



Did I mention shopping?


I loved my time with the girls. Camryn and I played doll hospital, super girls, and did daily crafts. We also planted flowers and baked.


 Reagan grew up before my eyes. One day she was crawling, the next she was pulling herself up and climbing up the stairs.

The last day before I left, the kids gave me a book with pictures of David and I and the girls. I cannot express how much this gift touched my heart.


After a bitter farewell I arrived back in San Diego. Ryan contacted me later that evening, letting me know that Camryn looked sad during dinner. Ryan asked her if anything was wrong; with a quivering lip and tears running down her eyes, she stated, "I just miss Grandma Brenda". Oh how I miss my girls and count the days until Christmas. Camryn, "you're my best girl".

David went to work in Hong Kong in May and I went to our place in Park City after my house was packed up. I love the mountains. The mountains feel like home.

Our next stop was Portland, Oregon to attend Jake's graduation from Lewis and Clark Law School, and also to see Cody, Whitney, Cassidy and Warren in Philomath, Oregon. I was so happy that Greg and Lindsey flew up to be with Jake for this special occasion and to be a part of Warren's baby blessing. We really struck it lucky because Tyler and Amber were blessing Riggins the same day. Here come the pictures!


Along with his law degree, Jake earned his business law certificate and graduated with honors in pro bono law. However, when opening the cover to unveil his diploma, he had the message that his account would need to be cleared up (parking tickets) before receiving his diploma. Is anyone else seeing the irony of graduating from law school with unpaid parking tickets?


Cassidy entertained herself during the ceremony by finding anything and everything to climb on. Jake became very close to this little girl while in Oregon. And although she had no idea why she was at a football field to see Uncle Jake, I know that it meant the world to Uncle Jake to have his family show their love for him by sitting through a two hour ceremony. I do have to say that it was the best graduation that I have ever been to. We enjoyed many enlightening presenters.




We had so much fun playing in Oregon




I'm going to miss these babies!


Off to Hong Kong


5 comments:

  1. Good post Mom. Going to be a fun blog to follow each week. Miss and love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is great. i'm glad you're doing this. i really can't wait to come out and visit. the pictures you've taken of hong kong so far all look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys crammed in so much before you left. It was so fun living at your house-I want to go back. It was so fun having you here and we can't wait til Christmas. Still crazy that we all live in different states and now continents. I am excited to see all the new places you guys discover. We can't wait to visit! Love you both. I think I'm signed in as Erica, but this is Ryan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you're doing these. It will be such a great to journal everything. We had such a great time at your house and having you out. Camryn is still talking about it. Can't wait to see more pictures as you get more settled. Love you, erica

    ReplyDelete