Monday, June 18, 2012

Jade Market, Flower Market, and Bird Market

What a fun day I had with my friend Kim. She is not only my Relief Society President, but my friend. As soon as we met we hit it off immediately. I seriously do not know how difficult it would have been to adjust to Hong Kong if I did not have her. She has lived here twenty years and knows all the cool places to go and where to buy everything.

Our first stop was the Jade Market.


Booth after booth have necklaces, bracelets, earrings, keychains, etc. Many talented people and many beautiful gem stones, diamonds, and pearls come out of Hong Kong.

The next stop was the Flower Mart.


The streets are lined with shop after shop of beautiful flowers



and cool plants.



And the Hong Kongers LOVE their birds.




What do you feed the birds? You buy crickets of course.



Sai Kung

Each Saturday I have Dragon Boat practice in Sai Kung. Yes, you read that right. I went to a company party, remained in sound body and mind, yet at the end of the night I agreed to join the Mattel Dragon Boat team. As soon as David's shoulder heals, he too will join me on the Mattel team. Such a fun and cool sport....that is kicking my butt, but I love it. Here is a picture of me posing


Sai Kung is this cool little beach/fishing town about an hour from where we live. I guess it could be compare to Seattle's Pike's fish market....sort of



Pictures of the surrounding islands of Sai Kung.




Locals with their catch of the day





We love going to Sai Kung every Saturday. 

2 comments:

  1. If I could find a job traveling from city to city just checking out different marketplaces and goods, I'd be in heaven. For some reason I don't feel like you're really there even with all of these pictures. I don't know where I think you are, but it messes with my mind.

    ReplyDelete