Thursday, January 24, 2013

Southern California 

Last stop before heading back to Hong Kong

I decided to drive to San Clemente to stay with Greg and Lindsey on my last stop before returning to Hong Kong. I thought it would be a good idea to leave my car at their place, making it available to David and I when we fly to LA. 

One of my favorite reasons to drive is stopping for Cheese Curds at a gas station in Meadow, Utah. If you're not from Utah (or maybe Wisconsin), you are missing out on these tasty morsels.


San Clemente is the greatest little beach town. I loved every minute of my stay.





I drove down to San Diego one day to meet Leo and Charles. I worked with Angelica for a few years and I fell in love with her as if she were one of my own. She is a special young lady to me and I am thrilled beyond words for these two little guys that are a part of her and Brandon's life. 


While in San Diego, I made time to attend the temple. I always appreciate the quiet serenity the temple offers. I love the San Diego temple. I also went to visit my old quilting group to say hi to some lovely ladies. And a highlight for me was going on a walk and to lunch with Sherry. Bummed I didn't think of getting a picture; however, the temple picture sums up her friendship. 


Shauna, Lindsey, Jake and I took advantage of some fun hikes. Poor Greg had to work.


 

 



Jake and Greg were disgusted beyond belief at the Bronco's losing an important play off game.


Lindsey and Shauna are sporting the attire worn the first week I came to visit. The kids house was freezing!!!


We spent time watching T.V. Shauna, spent her time "doodling" while we watched T.V. I am the proud recipient of her doodling project. What an artist.


And speaking of talent, Lindsey is the cutest decorator. I wish I had more pictures of their house.

 The kids were bored one Sunday so Jake and Greg made a fort. Yup, still little boys at heart.

 

I had the most wonderful time with the kids. I flew to Hong Kong Tuesday night and Shauna took Jake to the airport (reluctantly) the following morning. These two will be dating LONG distant.



I'll be back to Southern California in July. Until then.....



1 comment:

  1. LOVE getting to see Jake and Shauna together. So sad that we are the only ones that haven't met her. She looks like she fits right in and in a beauty. Can't get over those dishes. I have been wanting to make some polka dot ones but know they would turn out looking like a 3 year old craft project. Love the Mur Wall at Lindsey's. So cute. Miss those guys. This looks like such a great visit. I miss California more than I thought I did.

    ReplyDelete