Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Grandma Smart's funeral

Our trip to Thailand was cut short when we received the news that David's mother had passed away. We were happy to think of Grandma reuniting with Grandpa Smart. If ever there was a couple that became one, it was Marian and Elmer. Unfortunately we did not take any pictures because we flew in just hours before the funeral. I was shocked when I walked in our Park City home to find that Cody had surprised me by bringing Warren. I was happy beyond belief to see this little guy.

 

While in Utah, we drove out to see my Mom (again, no pictures) and drive by my childhood church. This church is still my all time favorite. Church was a safe haven where I found peace and love.

 

Ironman
At the end of November, Ryan and Jake competed in an ironman competition in Cozumel, Mexico. I knew they were committed and had been training, but I have to admit, I was extremely concerned. I knew they would both complete the competition, but I wasn't sure if they would be crossing the finish line on their own or in an ambulance. I was able to follow the race online. Each time I read that they had completed an event, tears flooded down my face. I am so sad I missed it, but luckily Ryan took his family to cheer him and Jake on.

 

Ryan told Jake that he signed up for Cozumel because he had heard it was one of the easier Ironman events. Wrong. It is in the top ten of most difficult Ironmen races. Whoops. Seven hundred people did not complete the race. But the Smart brothers did!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment