Thursday, May 1, 2014

Thailand with Friends

I've been to Thailand a few times now. Two times with David that were work related. In April I went with Lily Lew to stay with our friend, Mary Phelps, for a few days. I now feel I've been to Bangkok. Mary has lived there for years and knows her way around that city, leading Lily and I through many an alley, with markets popping up all over. 




I loved the sights of the city.




We went on many forms of transportation: Air, road, water. The tuk tuk might be my favorite. However, the motorcycle ride did provide a thrill ride for me and Lily. 



Shopping and food was involved every day.... all day.






 Yup I bought one.

The mannequins provided their own form of entertainment. 
What nightmares are made of.

The massages were fantastic!!!



On our last day, Mary insisted that we join in the Songkran holiday; a New Year Celebration with the "sprinkling of Holy Water"...which is more like a country wide water fight. I'm not gonna lie, probably the most fun I've had on the Sabbath. 

 

 

 

And Mary was fearless. Not even the police could stop her.

 

Mary getting up close and personal. 


 A fantastic trip. Until we meet again Thailand....and we will meet again.



No comments:

Post a Comment