Monday, January 6, 2014

Christmas time in Asia

David and I went to Shenzhen, China to golf in a Mattel charity event. It has been 20 years since I golfed. I really had forgotten how much I loved it. I enjoyed it that much more because of the Mattel women that I golfed with. And our pink caddy ladies.

 


The Wade's took us to the "Panto", an English tradition where the audience is involved in the performing play. Nothing brings on the month of December more than a man in drag. We had the greatest time. And then, Bill and Kim invited us for "Hot Pot", a traditional Asian way of cooking that engages family and friends in conversation. Loved it!




Christmas was spent in the Philippines. Great times....and not so great. But, memorable for sure!

Heading from Manilla to Coron, Palawan


On the road to the Coron airport

 

THE airport

 




Flying Cebu and Philippine air was an absolute nightmare. Canceled flights, different luggage weights per airport, changed flights without notification, an assassination of a Philippine Mayor three hours before our flight with no announcement or explanation....exciting times for sure.

Fortunately the people and daily island hopping made it worth it.

 

 



The waters were truly majestic



 

 

A Christmas we will never forget. As beautiful as it was, I will NOT be away from my grand children again at Christmas time. It about killed me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word! That airport!! The worst one I've been to was in Malaysia, but that definitely tops it. What a beautiful place though! Your last statement makes me sad. You'll be seeing them soon though right?!!

    ReplyDelete